The journey continues! The AKF Athens Leadership Program is designed for students who have graduated from our Basic Program, or for students who want to begin their martial arts training with a more challenging and advanced regimen. The Leadership Program includes advanced Kyuki-Do which will take you to you black belt and beyond! In addition to unlimited weekly Kyuki-Do class you will also have the opportunity to participate in advanced topic seminars topic seminars on Judo/Jujitsu, Hapkido, weapons and more. Leadership students are also eligible for enrollment in our Certified Instructor Training courses.
As a part of our leadership team will learn advanced self defense skills with a focus on throwing, trapping and locking techniques. There are several training tools you will be introduced to including the bo staff, nunchaku, sai and bokken which all help to develop strength and hand eye coordination.
Our Leadership program also provides numerous additional training options, including unlimited cross training in a variety of different arts. At present, our additional classes include the following:
• Founded by Jigaro Kano in 1882, Judo is a Japanese art that focuses primarily on throwing and grappling techniques.
• Created by Morihei Ueshiba in Japan, Aikido is a soft style that teaches practitioners how to use, rather than oppose, the force of an attacker.
• Hapkido is a Korean art that derives from the same roots as Aikido but incorporates more kicking and striking.
• Kaicho Yamamoto's Yoshukai Karate is a hard style of karate-do with an emphasis on practicality, body conditioning and traditional Kobudo (Okinawan weapons training).
• Cardio Kickboxing is a combination of martial arts kicks and western boxing, presented in the form of a high-intensity aerobic workout.
If you are looking for a top-notch martial arts program that will help you develop a comprehensive martial skill set while challenging you to reach your full potential, our Leadership Program is for you. To learn more and to schedule a free introductory lesson, please click here.